Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Old Boys Club

So as I'd mentioned in a previous post, there are 6 in our tour group between 40-60 yrs old and we were put in our own university residences instead of doing homestays with the rest of the choir.

I thought we were going to be on our own today to explore Seoul via subway, but shortly after 9am a Hanyang University coach shows up and we are taken on a tour of the city, including a visit to one of the palaces, a famous tower which name I've forgotten, lunch then out to In Sa Dong, a big open market (mostly touristy stuff). They didn't let us pay for anything.

My only complaint was that lunch was Western and huge, so when we went to In Sa Dong I was too full to take proper advantage of the many street vendors selling all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

































Previous trips to Asia I always had fun marvelling at the different cars, but with the relative globalization of the auto industry, there's much less difference now. However, there's a lot of really cool scoots on the road, the one in this pic is fairly common, check out the full-body crash bar!

Got to go inside and get changed for tonight's show, bye for now.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment