Monday, April 27, 2009

First post - the night before

April 27/09...

Well, it's late... coming on 1am... am tying up what things I can think of before heading off to bed, hopefully to sleep... I'm too excited to get much useful rest likely.

I'm all packed up... managed to keep the suitcase fairly light, but my carry-on is pretty loaded down as I'm packing a lot of extra stuff in preparation for visiting Cambodia (anti-malarial meds, antibiotics in case I pick up a case of the travelpoops, etc), plus the obligatory travel pack of wetwipes, as toilet paper is a curiously western innovation, a lot of Asian countries still use... ok, you don't want to know what they use... needless to say a travel bottle of antibacterial gel is also a must.

I was just putting an email together for relatives to pass along the tour itinerary and letting them know how to get in touch with me while I'm overseas, when it occurred to me that maybe I should start up a blog so I can more easily post pictures and share gory details while I'm gone... so here we are!

Today was really busy, tired from this weekend's rehearsals and concerts in Nanaimo and missing my boy Steve while he was on his first choir trip to Whistler with VIVA... then the packing started... Mick & I headed out to coffee @ Timmie's to visit with some riding friends... then off to the mall to look for a few last minute travel items. At 3pm I was at St. Aidan's church for PRIMA's pre-tour concert... good-sized audience, very enthusiastic, we sang mostly pretty well, some tuning weirdness but overall it was a good show.

VIVA's tour bus got on the ferry an hour earlier than planned, so Steve showed up for the last half of the concert (their departure/arrival place was also St. Aidan's church). Good to see the boy, he had a great time this weekend and is really proud of himself for having his first weekend away from Mom & Dad (we survived too).

Ok, so this blog thing seems to work ok, will post my itinerary in my next post, and I suppose I should test out the iPhone blogging software to make sure it works. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment